Five communities owned and operated by Brookdale Senior Living for over 10 years received a $160.3 million credit facility through Fannie Mae. Aron Will, Austin Sacco and Matthew Kuronen of CBRE arranged the debt, which is a blend of fixed-rate (about 75% of the principal) and floating-rate (the remaining 25%) with a 10-year term and five years of interest only. The loan comes in at 60% leverage and provides for asset substitutions, borrow-ups and partial releases.

With the facility secured, the communities were able to refinance debt set to mature in the near-term. Totaling 945 units, 783 for independent living and 162 for assisted living, they are located in Alabama, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Texas.